- Firstly we told you that public sector IT departments are shrinking. This is hardly surprising given the recent cuts to public sector pay and pensions. On the plus side, E-Commerce could be the place to go, with many employers experiencing strong growth.
- On a similar note, we told you that graduate scheme vacancies and starting salaries with leading engineering and IT companies are growing. A recent report commissioned by online retailer Kelkoo suggested that the sectors are expanding so fast, employers are having to raise salaries to attract enough candidates.
- Firstly we told you which law firms kept on the most trainee solicitors. Almost compulsive reading for anyone who wants to become a solicitor, we also told you how to interpret these results, and what they could mean for you.
- In construction it was awards season, and we told you the companies with the best public safety records. Not every industry knows how to recognise an employee who rescues an old lady who has driven onto the train lines.
- The management consulting sector is also readying itself for awards season, with the Management Consulting Association announcing its shortlist for the 2012 MCA awards.
- Firstly PwC published the results of its ‘Millennials at work, reshaping the workplace’ study. The study of over 4,000 millenium generation graduates suggested that they put more stock in career progression than high salaries.
- However, we also found out that the average graduate starting salary is set to rise this year, after remaining static for the last three years. This report by the Association of Graduate Recruiters (AGR) is good news for any recent or soon-to-be graduate job hunter.
- We also announced that next week will be spectacularly busy for graduate job deadlines, so get on top of them while you can. Tuesday 31 January is a mammoth day, with a lot of graduate schemes, jobs, training and qualifications taking their last applications. Find the latest graduate jobs here.
- To help you out with your applications we provided you with a handy graduate job checklist. Follow this neat little three-step guide to make sure you’re not missing any tricks applying for jobs.
To get graduate careers news as it happens, check out the TARGETjobs news feed. Alternatively, check out the roundup this time next week!