- In the third part in our series on how to get pupillages, we’re looking at what to say when interviewers turn round and ask ‘Is there anything you would like to ask us?’
- In the fourth episode, we are looking at skills and competencies. Barristers need a very specific set of skills in order to be able to do their job, so you need to show that these are areas that you excel in.
- Anyone looking to get into property should take a good look at DTZ. Every member of their cohort of graduate recruits has been chartered. This is an impressive feat for DTZ and a sign of good things to come.
- We have also been comparing feedback from our student surveys. While many of you weren’t happy with the amount of work experience available, the majority of you expressed satisfaction with your current lifestyle.
- In the construction sector we took a closer look at graduate dissatisfaction with the availability of work experience. In related news, many new students may be missing opportunities to gain sponsorship, something which could help pay the bills through university.
- In marketing news, TARGETjobs has introduced a brand new marketing and media Twitter feed. This is part of a new venture by TARGETjobs, so expect to see the new Law feed coming soon.
Hello and welcome to our brand new marketing and media feed! We'll be tweeting news, tips and jobs. Feel free to get in touch
— TARGETjobs Marketing (@TjobsMarketing) June 26, 2012
- In other news, UK Power Networks has launched a Facebook account. You can see the latest recruitment news but also post questions that one of the team will answer.
- If you could do with some advice about how to handle your student finances then you could do far worse than check out Savethestudent’s book The Essential Student Guide to Finance. It’s free, too!
- First up was the scandalous news that many students admit to cheating when filling in online applications. Unfortunately for them, this is unlikely to help them, as the process is designed to make sure they are weeded out later on.
- The TARGETjobs interns have started to post the first in their series of blogs. These guys are the absolute cream of the crop and they write with such panache that Shakespeare would blush. To see for yourself, scroll down.
- If you’re on Google+ and you’re interested in finding out about postgraduate courses, then TARGETcourses will be launching its page on Monday.
- If you’re about to send off a job application, just hold on five minutes. Many of the most common mistakes made by graduates can be solved by a good, thorough last-minute check.
- And speaking of sending off job applications, there’s the regular roundup of all the jobs with deadlines next week. It’s the end of the month, so it’s a busy week, but it’s also graduation season, so competition will be fierce. Check out the latest jobs here.