Good afternoon and welcome to the TARGETjobs news roundup. Despite the Jubilee this week we’ve found time to put together a pile of top quality articles. There’s everything from tips for future solicitors, to the roundup of next week’s job deadlines. If you want to get a job sitting down, this is the place.
- PwC has announced that many graduate financial services professionals feel they compromised in order to get jobs during the recession. Many could swap jobs if they are offered better wages elsewhere.
- However, results from our own survey suggest that many graduates in accounting and financial management have good job satisfaction. A massive 83% describe themselves as ‘happy’ with their working lifestyle.
- In construction we explained that, despite negative portrayals in the media, job seekers in construction are still confident about their prospects. Vacancies are rising again, but candidates need to sell themselves more.
- For would-be solicitors there was some particularly sound advice, if you miss out on your 2.1, tell employers about mitigating circumstances. With the majority of graduates now making the grade, you can’t afford to miss out.
- As usual, we have our regular roundup of graduate job deadlines. If the rain is keeping you in, make the most of your time and send off some applications. Check out the latest jobs here.
- If you’re going to apply for jobs, one of the most important things you can do is research. Dedicate a couple of days purely to researching the job, and if you can’t bring yourself to do that, think about whether it’s really for you.