Hello and welcome to the TARGETjobs news roundup. Things are beginning to heat up here, as exams are finishing, graduation ceremonies are starting up, and ex-students are now casting around for jobs.
- First up, make sure you re-read your application carefully. If you’ve been called up for interview it is because they liked something you wrote. Be prepared to elaborate on that theme.
- Secondly, be prepared to answer the questions. While you should think about the kind of things you are going to be asked, it pays to be flexible with your answers. You don’t want to give a rehearsed answer to a question which wasn’t asked.
- The Great Place to Work award for the BestLarge Workplace this year went to Admiral Group, beating Microsoft and McDonald’s. Admiral deliberately looks for candidates who are not just experts in their field, but a good fit for the company.
- In more awards season news, BDO has been named Accountancy Firm of the Year at the M&A Awards for excellence in the finance industry. The company has been involved in a number of important deals over the course of the year, and justly deserve this award.
- Following on from our article last week about what you should include in your job application, we are looking at how you should write it. This path is littered with grads that have tripped up. Read on, and avoid sharing their fate.
- And as usual we have the roundup of graduate jobs with deadlines closing over the next week. It’s a bit of a mixed bag this week, with jobs in retail, IT and engineering to name just a few. Check out the latest jobs here.