Hello and welcome to the TARGETjobs news roundup. There have been some big things going on at TJ Towers this week; we’re developing more ways to broadcast the latest events in the world of graduate jobs.
- According to the Association of Graduate Recruiters (AGR), 2012 is the year to be an engineering or technology graduate. AGR members include a significant cross-section of companies from these sectors, so this is definitely good news.
- Meanwhile, those of you looking for careers in accountancy may be interested to know that 84% of Ernst & Young’s 2011 summer interns went on to take on graduate jobs with the company. It is aiming to increase this to 90% of its 2012 intern intake.
- A survey conducted by Legal Week suggests that Norton Rose and Allen & Overy (A&O) are the solicitors firms that law graduates most aspire to work with. Norton Rose has 55 vacancies this year, while A&O has 90. Follow TARGETjobs Law advice to make sure your application lands at the top of that pile.
Welcome to the new TARGETjobs Consulting twitter feed! We're here to give you the latest on jobs, internships and employers.
— TARGETjobs Consult (@TjobsConsult) July 3, 2012
Welcome to the new TARGETjobs Law twitter feed! We're here to give you the latest on training contracts, pupillage, and vac schemes.
— TARGETjobs Law (@TjobsLaw) July 2, 2012
Welcome to the TARGETjobs Engineer Twitter feed. We'll bring you advice, vacancies and industry news to help you start your graduate career.
— TARGETjobs Engineer (@TjobsEngineer) July 6, 2012
Welcome to the new TARGETjobsFinance twitter feed! We're here to give you the latest on jobs, internships and employers.
— TARGETjobs Finance (@TjobsFinance) July 3, 2012
- In some mixed news from the AGR we’ve found out that starting salaries for graduates will rise by 6% over the next year. However, the overall number of vacancies will decrease by 0.6%.
- We also had some advice for you about how to submit your job application. This also included an extended metaphor about the ways in which getting a graduate job is a lot like getting a partner. Tweet us if you can think of any more.
- And finally it’s time for the deadline roundup. It’s a relatively quiet week this week, but that only means you’ll have more time to put together the perfect application. Look at our recent series on common application pitfalls to make sure you don’t make the same mistakes. Check out the latest jobs here.