Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Emily Burton the winner of the National Student Challenge 2013 talks us through her memorable day!

I heard about the TARGETjobs Events National Student Challenge and thought it would be a great way to practise numerical and psychometric testing, knowing that most major companies use these types of tests as part of their graduate recruitment - I never thought I'd be successful enough to be invited to the Grand Final!

The final was a fantastic day. The exercises were challenging but definitely a lot of fun to do – at points I almost forgot I was competing! I met a multitude of students from varying backgrounds and course subjects and it was pleasure to get to know them throughout the day. Working (and competing) with such a talented group of people, really pushed me to put my best foot forward and take the most out of such an incredible opportunity. 

The main reason I attended the Challenge was to get experience in corporate events, to meet new people and network - I never expected to win. When my name was announced I was lost for words, which rarely happens! Now it has sunk in, I am absolutely thrilled to have won and very much look forward to working for Siemens. I’m hoping to do a 10 week internship with them this summer, where I know I will learn and experience a tremendous amount.

My recommendation to anyone that is thinking of taking the challenge would be to apply and go for it - what have you got to lose. For the online testing, just practice as much as you can because you will get used to the pace of the tests and style of questions quite quickly. When it comes to the Grand Final, just be yourself and enjoy the day!  It's been one of the most invigorating days of my life and I doubt I will ever forget the experience.

Congratulations again to Emily and to all those who entered!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback here: