Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

We caught up with Leon from The Male Undergraduate of the Year Award 2015


It has been over a year since the Undergraduate of the Year Awards 2015 and I've learnt a lot in the 10 months that I've been at L'OrĂ©al so far. Both the Award and the placement that followed has given me invaluable experience that I believe would help me in whatever career I decide to pursue. 

I've launched products and managed my own projects and budgets; delivered on leading digital initiatives that my Brand had never done before; coordinated my own team to help organise our annual National Conference; and also exposed myself to very different experiences, from legal, commercial and digital to PR and photoshoots!

This time last year, I would've never thought I could be gaining so much by spending a year in industry and I'm glad I took the decision to defer my postgraduate year for this. I've learnt a lot about my strengths and blind spots and I am clear on what my areas of development are. I now feel well-prepared for whatever I finally decide to do in future!

If you are interested in applying to The Undergraduate of the Year Awards 2017 please pre-register here - http://undergraduateoftheyear.com/register 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback here: